To celebrate our 50th episode of Success That Lasts, Jared Siegel looks back on his journey of hosting the podcast and some lessons he's learned along the way. He also discusses the importance of stillness, or mindfulness, and how to use stillness as a tool to positively impact not only your personal life but your business decisions, business relationships, and business strategy too.
Tune in here, at delapcpa.com/podcast, or wherever you listen to podcasts:
Here are a few highlights:
- Jared talks about his journey and experience being a podcast host. “Starting a podcast has been a lot of fun, but it's [also] been a humbling experience,” he shares. “Learning how to do anything new is always a little bit difficult, but it’s a lot more challenging when you're doing it on a public stage where your lack of experience and skill is impossible to hide.”
- Delap has served owners — of businesses and real estate — since 1933. Success That Lasts seeks to support owner wellness and family flourishing by interviewing experts and offering insights to positively impact listeners, their families, and their businesses — financially and beyond.
- “Stillness is to be steady while the world around us spins; to act without frenzy; to hear only what needs to be heard,” Jared quotes. He briefly describes the role that stillness plays in the pursuit of happiness.
- Jared believes stillness can be an intentional antidote to a stressful and busy life. However, it should not be an excuse to withdraw from the affairs of the world; in fact, it’s a tool that lets you do more good for more people in your personal life and in business.
- How can you implement stillness or mindfulness in your life? Jared offers up an easy-to-follow list: start journaling, take walks outside, stop watching the news, seek solitude, read more, worry less.
Inflation, Higher Taxes, and National Debt Webinar, Wednesday, June 2, 2021 | 12:00 – 1:00 PM
The Lean Startup: How Today's Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses by Eric Ries
Tribe of Mentors by Tim Ferriss
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
Stillness is the Key by Ryan Holiday