Registration for Oregon’s new Corporate Activity Tax is now open through the Department of Revenue’s Online system found at www.oregon.gov.dor.
The new law requires businesses with Oregon commercial activity in excess of $750,000 to register for the Corporate Activity Tax. Once they reach that threshold businesses must register within 30 days.
- Individuals doing business in Oregon will need their name, and their social security number or individual taxpayer identification number.
- Businesses will need their legal name and federal employer identification number.
- For a unitary group only one entity will be required to register.
Businesses and individuals will need:
- Their mailing address;
- The date they exceeded or expect to exceed $750,000 in Oregon commercial activity;
- A valid email address or current Revenue Online login, and;
- Their Business Activity Code (Refer to the current list of North American Industry Classification System codes found with their federal income tax return instructions.)
Stay tuned for additional updates as they become available!